Pink sang that song and pink was the theme of my day!
Yeah, Beck was a little sick yesterday. My stomach just felt like it was going through the ringer. I think it may have started with a crazy morning:
- Left apartment
- remembered I needed my Metro card
- went back
- ran out of the building
- lost my keys somewhere!!
- forget to take my breakfast with me to the caf to eat with my kids
Then I had a bit of a crazy day with the kids:
- went to the nurse because someone had milk spilled on them (by me!!) and needed a change of clothes
- went to the school psychologist with someone because they had a mini meltdown
- went back to the school psychologist because a little one showed up in her dad’s (profane) sweatshirt and no coat- weird
- went back to the nurse because someone hurt their eye
- got punched by a little four year old who then threw himself on the floor and cried and wouldn’t move
- went to the principal’s office since I needed his help with that one
- went back to the principal’s office to discuss what was going on with that child
- waited for a half hour after school for someone else’s mom to pick her up because she forgot her child
- found out that I’ll be alone with the kids next week
Um, and it was a half day as it between 8 and 12 that all happened. The joy!
But I went home, took a nap and called “do over” on the day and though the rest of it wasn’t perfect it was a much better than the first half!